Life stories and images by Kathleen Voss

Hello, and welcome to my Blog! I have the greatest job in the world because I get to document the most unforgettable moments in life and then share them here with you! I am so grateful to all of my clients who share their love, families, joys, and life moments with us. While this blog is no substitute for meeting each other in person, I hope you can get a feel for who I am and what inspires me. If you are a prospective client and would like to view my portfolio exclusively, feel free to click on the link to my website. To receive more information regarding pricing and availability, please email me.
MAKE A PHOTOGRAPHER'S DAY...Leave a comment or two- We'd love to hear from ya!

All images are copyrighted by Kathleen Voss and are protected by Federal law. PLEASE do not use without photographer's explicit permission.

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Benjamin

My Best Buddy
I couldn't let a day pass without paying special tribute to Benny, my best friend in the world! Yesterday was one of the saddest days of my life, it was the day I said goodbye to my Benjamin, he died from kidney failure. I could tell so many stories of the joy he brought to my life but the bottom line is he loved me unconditionally-through my years as a single girl when it was just he and I-he was my faithful companion and confidant. I will always remember his little face and expressive brown eyes, his never ending patience with my three year old twin boys who came into his world and turned it upside down, and the unconditional, devoted love he gave to me each day of his life. My heart is broken benny, I will miss you and love you always!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beyond the Rainbow: For Benny

As much as I loved the life we had and all the times we played,
I was so very tired and knew my time on earth would fade.
I saw a wondrous image then of a place that's trouble-free
Where all of us can meet again to spend eternity.

I saw the most beautiful Rainbow, and on the other side
Were meadows rich and beautiful -- lush and green and wide!
And running through the meadows as far as the eye could see
Were animals of every sort, as healthy as could be!
My own tired, failing body was fresh and healed and new
And I wanted to go run with them, but I had something left to do.

I needed to reach out to you, to tell you I'm alright,
That this place is truly wonderful-- then a bright Glow pierced the night.
'Twas the Glow of many Candles shining bright and strong and bold
And I knew then that it held your love in its brilliant shades of gold.

For although we may not be together the way we used to be,
We are still connected by a cord no eye can see.
So whenever you need to find me, we're never far apart
If you look beyond the Rainbow and listen with your heart.